‘This pud starts life as an ugly duckling, but don’t fear as the hot watery sauce floats among the batter – once you bake it, you’ll end up with something beautiful’
100g butter, melted, plus a little extra for the dish
250g SR flour
140g caster sugar
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 Terry’s Chocolate Orange
Single cream or ice cream to serve (optional)
(FOR THE SAUCE)
200g light muscovado sugar
300ml boiling water
- Heat oven to 180C. Melt butter in microwave using 500ml Prep Bowl. Use Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush to lightly grease Deep Dish Baker or Square Baker. (Put the kettle on)
- Using Adjustable Measuring Spoon, place 1tsp baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Add flour, caster sugar, 50g cocoa and pinch of salt. Zest orange using Microplane Zester and add to mixture – stir mixture with Master Scraper
- Cut orange using Colour Coated Utility Knife & juice with Citrus Press into Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using Stainless Whisk mix together the orange juice, eggs, melted butter and milk, then pour onto the dry ingredients and mix together until smooth. Use the Food Chopper to chop chocolate and stir in to mixture. Scrape everything into the Baker.
- Place sugar and cocoa into the 1litre Easy Read Measuring Cup. Pour on 300ml boiling water from the kettle. Whisk together with Mini Whipper for the sauce. Pour this all over the pudding batter. Don’t worry, it will look very strange at this stage!
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins until the surface looks firm, risen and crisp. As you scoop spoonfuls into serving bowls, you should find a glossy, rich chocolate sauce underneath the sponge.
- Eat immediately with vanilla ice cream or single cream.